Thursday, December 14, 2006

Last Day

Tomorrow is my last day in my old job. I have 5 boxes of work crap packed, and I brought home two grocery sacks of crap that needed to come home. I am so over the old job. Time to move on.
My current (for just one more day!) supervisor had the choice of how long to keep me. Of course, two weeks is the tradition, and if it was a new job outside the same place, you would always give those two weeks. But since this was the same department, it was up to my current boss to decide how long I had to stay. She wanted the whole two weeks from me. That is fine and fair. But really, I wouldn't have had to stay that long, if she would have given me up. (She even joked about chaining me to my chair)
I have done everything I needed to do, as far as teaching the other girls how to do what I do, in one week. I could have done it in a day if I had to. So this week I have been 'helping' them. Mostly already out of the loop.
I'm ready to move on. And get to the good and the bad of the new situation. Just tired of having to hang out for two weeks.

No comments: