Sunday, December 31, 2006

Flocking New Year!

Through flickr I just found an awesome new web browser, flock. It has a lot of cool features that I like. It RSS's within the browser, I know other browsers do that, but not in a great way. Flock RSS's like Bloglines, which I have been using for a while. Flock won't change my using Bloglines, because I'll keep the Bloglines going, and use the Flock RSS for a different catagory of blogs.
One thing I love about Flock is it connects to flickr right in the window, like part of the address bar. You can turn it off and on (and it also will link to PhotoBucket, which I've never used, so don't know much about) and see several photos from all your contacts, or just the newest public photos.
Oh, by the way, I just went PRO on flickr, part of my xmas present, so I'm all over it. Especially now that I'm back at my own desk and my own keyboard.
I haven't figured out all the cool parts of Flock yet, I just found it last night. I know it could be just infatuation, like I sometimes get with new web sites or web tools, but I think this one is really a keeper. It combines some of the things that I couldn't do with Safari (and used to be able to do on the pc), with some great new fun things. It works awesome on my sunflower iMac.
So everyone, for the new year: Go Flock Yourself!!

No comments: