Thursday, December 21, 2006

Crappy Birthday

It's always jarring to wake up realizing you are already late, especially on your birthday! (Yesterday was mine) Out of three of us who should all set and wake up to alarms, somehow we all didn't get ours set. So it was emergency mode first thing. It worked out ok, and I wasn't late for my third day of my new job.
My new boss is, among other postive adjectives, sweet. There was a 'welcome' present and card on my desk the first day, the second day there was a Christmas present on all of our desks, and yesterday she was disappointed that she hadn't known ahead of time that it was my birthday. So I wouldn't be surprised if there is another card and/or gift today. That was one of the shining spots in a rough day.
The day wasn't that terrible, just rough getting going like that. And I had a couple disappointments, but they were mostly silly. One of the shining spots in my day was the guitar shred threat down on Colbert Report. It was soooo funny when it took him a little while to get the 'blood' on his hands. The whole thing was funny. So I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

No comments: