Saturday, July 15, 2006

Me & My Blogs: Part 2

In the beginning, I tried Blogger, and it was good.
Seriously, though, I tried several other free blog services, and I emphasize free, I hate to pay for any blogging things, I'm just frugal that way, and I still occasionally try out the latest-and-greatest blog service, but I always stick with Blogger. I used their blog-spot for hosting at first, but this was a long time ago, when they didn't host your blog pictures for you, so I did at one point switch to ftp-ing it to my own space, when my uncle gave me some free space. When Blogger started hosting our pictures, I did come back to the blog-spot hosting. Oh, there were some other features, I don't even remember now, but you could only get them with Blogger Pro, and as I said, I don't want to pay for blogging things, so I was extremely glad when they offed the Pro feature, and gave all of us those features.
One tip on the hosting of pictures. If you don't have or don't want to use other picture hosting, and you want to put some buttons or pictures (or even a new template) on your Blogger page, but not as a blog post, you can still upload the picture as if you were going to put it in a post, then just copy and paste it where you want it.

No comments: