Sunday, July 09, 2006

Me & My Blogs: Part 1

I started blogging in 2002. My man and I were dating long distance, we had really just begun dating at that point, let's see...we started dating October of 2001, and I started blogging in the summer of 2002. I had heard about blogging before that, from various sources, had read a few blogs, but not on a regular basis, and had some interest. He had recently started a blog, and one of his best friends had been maintaining a blog for a few years before that. My guy had, he told me, published a newsletter of sorts when the internet was a baby, and was going to blog now in that same tradition. I'll be honest, I started the whole blog thing because he did. But not directly because he did. As I said, we were long distance, and we had tried the late night IM's &/or phone calls, but they just didn't work for us who had to get up in the morning. Reading his blog made me think that this would be a good way for us to communicate with each other. Plus I had hopes of maybe other people reading it too, so I started a blog.

No comments: