Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Back Where I Started

So I've mentioned before my work saga. I had a job I really loved, but they relocated, and I had a heartbreaking decision to make, finally making the only decision that was right for my family at that time, to stay here in our little town. So I had a bout of unemployment, a secretarial job, and a staff assistant (glorified and slightly better paid secretary), and finally have worked my way back wor-wise to about where I was. But the part of the story that I haven't shared is the part about my transportation. Working at my job I loved, I had a nice little stationwagon, fairly new (and for a family who does not buy new cars, fairly new means 10 or less years old), sporty, fun, drove back and forth to my long-distance boyfriend's house just fine. Until one day it threw a rod, and just died. Luckily, I was close enough to home to get a AAA tow for only $20. And this was within 2 months before my last day at work at my job I loved. My great friend sold me an old car he had, and let me work it off doing odd jobs for him, and my dad fixed the things that had to be fixed. I'm very surprised that the old Honda lasted so long for me, over three years. But it finally died last fall. My parents were wonderful enough to loan me their mini van while they were gone, the last almost three months, and we've been saving for the next state car auction. To make a long story short (all together: too late!), we found a nice mini van for sale last weekend, my folks were back in time for dad to check it out for me, and I am now the proud owner of a 1997 Ford Windstar! So now I have a good job, and a good vehicle, and I feel like I'm finally at about the same stage I was...three and 1/2 years ago. Long, tiring trip, but I feel sooo releaved to be here!

No comments: