Friday, May 10, 2013

Getting Started

I have many pages of bullet point topic ideas. I can feel the engine starting to engage. This is what I am doing. I am doing it right now as I type. I have to forgive myself in advance because I will never be able to make it perfect. It will be what it is. And what anybody else feels about it will not be in my control. There's that word. (Why does that word control my life?)

Inspired by my Friday podcasts, and with the habit of bringing my iPad with me to work apparently working, I got a few more cobwebs out of my head.

Did'ja ever take a "class" on how to use one of those binder/planner things back in the '90s? Before iPads and iPods and keeping track of everything with it's own handy app, some of us tried to organize ourselves with those things. I remember in the class I took, the one thing I took away from the whole thing, that I still find rings true, is if you need to remember something, write it down. The act of writing it down will allow your brain to stop worrying about it.

I think that's really all I'm trying to do.


No comments: