Friday, January 01, 2010

Two Thousand Ten

Happy New Year. Duh. Obligatory thing to say today.
I really like saying Two Thousand rather than Twenty. I know some people say it's like saying Nineteen, no one ever said One Thousand Nine Hundred. That'd be just stupid.
But saying Two Thousand instead of Twenty for me is expressing that we do now live in the future. We are past The Year Two Thousand and well beyond. Well, we are beyond. Later generations will not say that a mere ten years is 'well beyond' of course, but it feels like that to me.
So much has happened in the last ten years. Every ten years has had a lot happen, of course, but the last ten feel like more happened. Of course, comparing the ten years of grade school to the ten years of being a divorced mom of boys, changing jobs not by choice, finding the lesser of the evils, being happy with what I have, still looking for myself, and working on being who I am, well no comparison. I'm just at an age where more things happen. Again, duh.
I will not make a resolution. Resolutions are things that are likely to get broken. I will use the new year, the new decade, the new day, the new week, to reconfirm the things I am trying to do, be they big or small. Being more healthy. Not gonna talk about that much, but it's in my head. Being more social. Facebook, here I come! And working on the things I do like to do. Everything can't be easy, even if you like something, you still have to work to get better. Music. Art. Writing. and writing includes blogging.
This blog is not for public consumption, so I know I'm echoing to crickets right now. and that's ok. That way I can feel completely comfortable to be me.
So Happy Fucking New Year. And here's to a wonderful Two Thousand Ten!!

No comments: