Saturday, June 23, 2007

Summertime...

Hmm, since my blog name is a song title, maybe I should title all my posts with song titles.
Anyway.
If you're actually here and reading this, you did some extra work, and I should be rewarding you a little more. But I sometimes don't know what to say. This blog isn't really private, so I don't want to say something that could hurt someone who might wander in here. So if I want to be able to say exactly what I'm feeling, maybe I should rethink again the completely private blog. So here I can't say so-and-so is arragant, and so-and-so is gossipy, and so-and-so is a baby. But that's kinda how I feel right now.
So summertime.
I'm a 9-5er. (Ok, 8-5, but the song and the phrase is 9-5, so I always say that). My guy is basically a second-shifter. He's also a 4-day-a-weeker, but that's a different story. And now in the summer, my kids are on the second shift (or third shift) too. My oldest kid got a job, literally on the second shift, but they both like to stay up late and sleep late. I like that, too, but I work daytimes, so I can't. So here I am, awake and up since 8. That's actually sleeping late for me, since I have to be to work by 8 normally. Here I am in a quiet house, which is a nice change, but it feels so weird. I can't do much of anything or I'll wake someone up. I guess if I had my 'druthers, we'd all be on the same schedule, because I feel like I don't have enough time with any of them. So I'm just a little meloncholy right now.

No comments: